Thursday, January 10, 2013

Landscape Painting

1. The project I was most successful in was the Landscape painting, it was one of my best projects that I have ever done, also I enjoyed it. I painted a close up of a valcano errupting, but I added more colors to it to make it my own. Usually valcano erruptions are made up of just basic colors like orange, yellow, and red; but I added blues, pinks, and blacks to the basic colors to bring out contrast and character. I was most successful in this project because I thought I used great contrast of color and I thought I blended it well. This project was one of my best, not only for this class, but for everything that I have ever done. I thought it was my best because I actually liked how it turned out, with the color usage and the way I put it together. I enjoyed this project because I actually love painting, and I love earth; so painting landscapes is enjoyable to me.

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

 The Anamorphosis Drawing was, to me, one of the easiest projects the class had to do; it was also one of my favorites.
First, the class had to find an image on the computer of an object that we would like to draw; it had to be an inanimate object. Second, we copied the image into photoshop for the computer; in photoshop we blew up the image of the object to make it look like we were looking down onto it, then we printed. Third, we put a grid onto the paper that our objects were on, and used a gride on a blank page in our sketch books, the grid was one inch by one inch and was used to help us draw a copy of our object accuratly. Fourth, we copied or image of our object into our sketch books with pencil, then colored it with colored pencils. Fifth, we added a black shadown under our drawing to make it look like it was 3D and standing up. I thought that mine turned out pretty good, I didn't really learn anything new.

The Game Drawing project was done in perpective, each person had to draw out a board game of there choice form their perpective of looking at it also they had to use a vanishing point. The drawing part was easiest for me, and I enjoyed it. After the game was drawn out we had to add color to it by using water color. Since water color runs and has to have the right amount of water for it to look good, it was hard for me to keep the water and paint balanced, so a lot of my colors are off in my final product. After the painting was done, we had to add value or shading to the colors by using colored pencils. Using the colored pencils helped me pull my project together. In this project I did learn how to use water color better and to draw detailed things in perspective.

Friday, December 7, 2012

The first part of this project was looking for pictures on the google images of "famous" buildings in three bifferent parts of the world, places we each could choose. We all editted each picture in Photoshop, and turned them into black and white images, making them look like stenciles. After we edited the three images we chose our best. I chose my Taj Mahal. After we printed out our edited buildings we projected them into larger images on the walls, we traced the image on a big white sheet of paper. We chose the parts we were going to cut out, we could either cut out the black or white sections. After we cut out the sections we spray painted it onto our back grounds. The back grounds were maid up of cut out paper from books or magazines glueed together and colored. The color of the building stencle spray paint contrasting with the back ground color is very important.

Monday, October 29, 2012

This project was deffinatly not my strongest, and it was not my favorite; I struggled with cutting out spaces in the linolium, making my print look messy. I tried to put a lot of detail into my print to take away from my mess ups, which worked pretty well. When I was cutting the linolium I felt like the print would turn out really bad, but once I printed it didn't look nearly as bad as I thought it would. I felt like my textures ended up pretty well done, especially the textures in the tree. Also, i wanted my color choice to make the print look like an Autume theme, which turned out very nicely.  I added a lot of texture because I felt like it would improve the quality of the print. The more texture i added the better the print looked, and I saw this in everyones print. I wanted my print to have an equal amount of spaces with a lot of texture and none at all, that way the print didn't seem overwhelming to look at. My positive spaces were the spaces with color, and the negative was the black spaces. Both spaces were needed, without those spaces the textures would not exist. Also with the positive and negative spaces I was about to show and capture a foreground and a background, the foreground was the spaces with color and the background was solid black, I wanted to put the attention on the foreground.

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Texture is is so important in this project because it is really the only details that are in this project. The animal and the background is hard to draw and hard to come up with off the top of your head, so we needed refrences for every detail we had in our drawings. This sketch, of my hedgehog, is by far the strongest drawing out of the three I have. It has a lot of detail, and looks like it is very well drawn and layed out.

Chalk Mural
Working in a team for such a big project like this is very helpful and it makes it a lot more fun. Doing a hug picture like this on a wall is very time comsuming, but having five people working on it speeds the time up a lot. At first this project seemed very hard to do, because it was so big, but as time went on and the more we worked  on it. Interactive projects are great, but they are harder to make because you really have to think about you can make the art work interactive.