Thursday, January 10, 2013

Landscape Painting

1. The project I was most successful in was the Landscape painting, it was one of my best projects that I have ever done, also I enjoyed it. I painted a close up of a valcano errupting, but I added more colors to it to make it my own. Usually valcano erruptions are made up of just basic colors like orange, yellow, and red; but I added blues, pinks, and blacks to the basic colors to bring out contrast and character. I was most successful in this project because I thought I used great contrast of color and I thought I blended it well. This project was one of my best, not only for this class, but for everything that I have ever done. I thought it was my best because I actually liked how it turned out, with the color usage and the way I put it together. I enjoyed this project because I actually love painting, and I love earth; so painting landscapes is enjoyable to me.

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

 The Anamorphosis Drawing was, to me, one of the easiest projects the class had to do; it was also one of my favorites.
First, the class had to find an image on the computer of an object that we would like to draw; it had to be an inanimate object. Second, we copied the image into photoshop for the computer; in photoshop we blew up the image of the object to make it look like we were looking down onto it, then we printed. Third, we put a grid onto the paper that our objects were on, and used a gride on a blank page in our sketch books, the grid was one inch by one inch and was used to help us draw a copy of our object accuratly. Fourth, we copied or image of our object into our sketch books with pencil, then colored it with colored pencils. Fifth, we added a black shadown under our drawing to make it look like it was 3D and standing up. I thought that mine turned out pretty good, I didn't really learn anything new.

The Game Drawing project was done in perpective, each person had to draw out a board game of there choice form their perpective of looking at it also they had to use a vanishing point. The drawing part was easiest for me, and I enjoyed it. After the game was drawn out we had to add color to it by using water color. Since water color runs and has to have the right amount of water for it to look good, it was hard for me to keep the water and paint balanced, so a lot of my colors are off in my final product. After the painting was done, we had to add value or shading to the colors by using colored pencils. Using the colored pencils helped me pull my project together. In this project I did learn how to use water color better and to draw detailed things in perspective.