This is me holding up my Value Portrait final. The Value Portrait project was a pretty complicated process: first, everyone in my class had their picture taken from the shoulders up including me; second, everyone my class got assigned one of those puctures to use for our Value Portraits; third, we used the picture to trace over the values (shadows) it had onto a piece of trace paper; fourth; shaded over the back of the trace paper fully; fifth, we put the peice of trace paper over a blank piece of paper in our sketch books and traced back over the lines which would print the image into the skecth book; and sixth, we shaded in all the values that were shown into our sketch book. This is what came out of it for me.
Finding the different values was easy, because you basically had to trace over all the lines you saw, so if there was a darker spot on the picture you just trace the shape of it.
I think I found all the values and came out with a really good piece. I don't think I was affraid to go dark, or afraid to go light.
At first I thought my art work fior this would trun out messy, but when it all came together it looked pretty realistic, and looked a lot like the original portrait.