This project was deffinatly not my strongest, and it was not my favorite; I struggled with cutting out spaces in the linolium, making my print look messy. I tried to put a lot of detail into my print to take away from my mess ups, which worked pretty well. When I was cutting the linolium I felt like the print would turn out really bad, but once I printed it didn't look nearly as bad as I thought it would. I felt like my textures ended up pretty well done, especially the textures in the tree. Also, i wanted my color choice to make the print look like an Autume theme, which turned out very nicely.
I added a lot of texture because I felt like it would improve the quality of the print. The more texture i added the better the print looked, and I saw this in everyones print. I wanted my print to have an equal amount of spaces with a lot of texture and none at all, that way the print didn't seem overwhelming to look at. My positive spaces were the spaces with color, and the negative was the black spaces. Both spaces were needed, without those spaces the textures would not exist. Also with the positive and negative spaces I was about to show and capture a foreground and a background, the foreground was the spaces with color and the background was solid black, I wanted to put the attention on the foreground.